Many taxpayers who face serious tax problems attempt to resolve those problems themselves. However, large tax problems have the potential to threaten a person’s business or livelihood, or even lead to criminal charges. These large and complicated tax problems require the services of experienced tax lawyers.
Call Daniel Rosefelt & Associates, LLC, Attorney & CPA today at 301.656.4424 to discuss your situation.
Every Tax Problem Has A Solution
At Daniel Rosefelt & Associates, LLC, Attorney & CPA, we are real tax professionals who work diligently to solve serious tax problems. Daniel Rosefelt & Associates, LLC, Attorney & CPA has a multidisciplinary approach to solving your tax issues, often using a series of solutions to achieve your individual goals. Some of the tools and techniques we use include:
- Installment agreements — We have experience negotiating realistic payment plans with the IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Offers in Compromise — Our attorney will take the time to fully analyze your situation and develop an effective Offer in Compromise (OIC) strategy.
- Release of liens and levies — Experienced counsel can sometimes attack the validity of a lien, or obtain subordination or the discharge of a lien.
- Bankruptcy tax relief — Depending on circumstances, some older tax debts can be discharged through bankruptcy.
- Innocent spouse relief — If your former spouse was responsible for the tax debts, you may be eligible for relief under the innocent spouse provisions.
- Audit reconsideration — We can request a reduction in the assessment of your tax liability set forth in the “Notice of Determination” by utilizing IRS “Audit Reconsideration” procedures or other administrative remedies or appeal rights.
- Penalty abatement — You may be eligible for penalty relief for failure to file taxes or failure to pay taxes on time.
- Currently Not Collectible status — By providing information to the IRS, we may be able to persuade the IRS to place your tax debts in “currently not collectible status.”
- Tax litigation — We have extensive experience representing clients in the U.S. Tax Court challenging the amount of proposed additional taxes from an audit or examination, and denials of Collection Due Process (CDP) requests to remedy IRS enforced collection activities from federal tax lien and levy or seizure actions.
- State tax issues — In addition to IRS tax problems, we can also address complex tax issues involving Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., income, sales and use and employment taxes.
There are many possible solutions for any particular tax problem. The right solution depends on your particular situation and goals. When representing you, we will use our experience and knowledge to obtain the right tax debt solution for you.
Tax problems can happen to anyone. A business downturn, serious illness, loss of employment or divorce can overwhelm your resources, which can lead to unpaid taxes. You may soon find the IRS or state taxing authorities may be knocking on your door. The experienced tax professionals at Daniel Rosefelt & Associates, LLC, Attorney & CPA can help you understand all of your legal options and recommend the right solution for you.
Call Us Today — Start Sleeping Again Tonight
To learn about your tax debt relief options, call Daniel Rosefelt & Associates, LLC, Attorney & CPA at 301.656.4424. Alternatively, you can send us an email, and we will respond promptly.
We serve clients throughout the U.S. and around the world from our offices in Bethesda, Maryland.